JOYOUS VACATION HOME RENTAL RULES & CANCELLATION POLICY
Rental Rules/ Contract
ALL OF OUR CABINS FOLLOW THIS STRICT RULES POLICY BELOW:
ABSOLUTELY NO OPEN FIRES - SEE BELOW
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. MST AND CHECK OUT IS 11 A.M. MST. NO Early Check-ins please Unless SPECIAL arrangements are made ahead of time with Staff & Cleaning & Repair crews etc.
2. This is a NON
SMOKING cabin. THERE IS NO SMOKING AT OR INSIDE CABIN - IF YOU SMOKE:
a) PLEASE DO IT OUTSIDE - VERY CAREFULLY - BEWARE OF FOREST FIRES
b) PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE CIGARETTE BUTTS OUT IN YARD - MOST CABINS HAVE A BUTT CAN FOR YOU:THEY ARE NOT ONLY LITTER -- BUT ARE ALSO DANGEROUS FOR FOREST FIRES
- Pets considered, but must have a pre-approval. There is an additional charge
for pets @ $20.00 per pet per night. Please clean up after your Pet INSIDE
& OUTSIDE (Hair, Poop, Toys, Litter Etc)
4. RESERVATION DEPOSIT - A deposit of 50% of the rental amount is required immediately. This reservation payment will be applied toward the rent.
5. RENT PAYMENT - The reservation deposit will be applied toward the rent. The entire balance (rent/tax/cleaning fee/damage deposit) is due 30 days prior to arrival date.
6. DEPOSITS: USE AND GUIDELINES:A damage deposit of around $150 is required or a credit card on file. This must be received within 30 days of the arrival date. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent. Please be advised that whether your DEPOSIT is in the form of PayPal, Credit Card, Cash or Check - it is used as a DEPOSIT ONLY. In other words we can NOT take DEPOSIT MONEY as RENTAL MONEY. Your Deposit is for security purposes and reimbursement of any damages or excessive utility use. In special circumstances, we can deduct some fees ( Laundry, Water & Gas, Cleanings, etc from a Deposit - IF NEED BE - but only if agreed upon in writing between both parties. NOTE: A DEPOSIT IS SOLELY A LEGAL DEVICE TO PREVENT AND COVER ANY ACCIDENTAL OR PURPOSEFUL THEFT, DAMAGES, OVERAGES, UTILITIES & OTHER ISSUES. We usually can refund a deposit within a week to ten days, but we do reserve the right to legally have up to 30 days to return and refund your deposit - in case of more careful assessments and accountings - in accordance with typical rental guidelines and laws. Thank you for your understanding and compliance on this issue. Normally deposits are fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is
done to cabin or its contents, furniture and furnishings.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and recycling are placed in the trash bags/ containers provided and dishes are placed in dishwasher and cleaned, or if no dishwasher, are then washed clean and replaced into home cupboards.
d. All keys are left in the lock box and cabin is left locked.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
g. NO Early check-in or late check out.
7. CLEANING SERVICES AND FEES - a one time cleaning fee of @ $30 to 75.00 is charged and paid 30 days prior to the arrival date. Average is @ $45 - $50, depending upon size of your group and which Vacation Home is selected.The Maid service is a different kind of "Utility" - in that it is a personal service. For the record: We only cover Cleanings & Laundry when you arrive and when you depart. In other words we leave it nice for you and then for the next folks also. We can not cover all the sheets & towels & so forth that will accrue over a long term or monthly visit. Obviously personal Laundry is your obligation, but sheets & towels etc - while you are there - are also " Personal" and your responsibility. Should you desire to pay for extra cleaning while you are visiting, we can usually provide you with maid services contact info. Any questions on this please do contact us.
8. CANCELLATIONS or CHANGES THAT RESULT IN A SHORTENED STAY: A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date are subject to a 20% Cancellation fee or $100 whichever is greater. Cancellations or changes resulting in shortened stay, that are made 30-60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full reservation deposit (50% of rental charge). Cancellations within 30 days of the arrival date does not warrant any refund of the rental charge. The damage deposit and cleaning charge will be refunded. You may choose to purchase travel insurance separately. See item number eighteen (19) of this contract. NOTE: For Circumstances like Death in the Family, etc we reserve the right to POSSIBLY allow guest to return to use the vacation time at another time amenable to both parties.
RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS - Monthly renters must cancel one hundred twenty
(120) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in
a shortened stay must be made at least ninety (90) days prior to check-in.
10. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY & MIN STAYS - The maximum number of guests per cabin is limited to five to ten people. Each Cabin will have a MAX OCC based on comfortable accommodation balance of kids / adults. MOST PROPERTIES REQUIRE A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY * Sometimes a Surcharge can be added to allow for a SPECIAL VARIANCE for a One - Night stay if circumstances warrant. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. Holiday Periods also require larger Deposits. See us for details.
11. SHORT TERM UTILITY USAGE RULES: We have our owners cover "REASONABLE USAGE" of Utilities while guests are staying short term - ( Defined as 1 - 14 nights ).However, if we discover " UNREASONABLE USAGE" - ( defined as excessive or wasteful activity ) we reserve the right to deduct some portion of your Deposit to cover same. This is NOT a typical practice, so please don't worry. However we do need to make it explicitly clear that we expect people to turn off lights & be conservative in water use - especially in locations with limited and/or expensive utilities - in drought situations or outside the country where utility costs can be higher, etc. This applies to people who may invite larger groups up for a re-union - unannounced to us - as well. If you have any questions on this please contact us.
13. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice. But once your reservation has been confirmed no change will be made unless perhaps your group changes or a cabin has problems where you might move.
RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be
subject to forfeiture of Reservation deposit, deposits and/or rental money, and
the party will not be permitted to check in.
EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be
approved in writing in advance.
16. PARKING - Parking is limited to three (3) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
17. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS: No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained, however we do not refund due to road conditions.
18. TRAVEL INSURANCE: We highly recommend your purchase travel insurance. If you wish to purchase travel insurance, go towww.InsureMyTrip.com for details and to purchase.
19. SEPTIC SYSTEN: This cabin is on septic systems. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. NO discarding of grease or strong bacterial killing cleaners. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clogs the septic system, or heavy grease/cleaning products has caused a problem you could be charged damages of up to three hundred dollars ($300).
20. WATER ***IS IN AN 1100 GALLON CISTERN & they deliver water only M-W-F as needed. So PLEASE DO CONSERVE WATER - And make sure there are no toilets left running etc.
DANGER: We still are under a fire ban. No open fires of any kind are
allowed. Sorry no bonfires, not even a Charcoal BBQ. There is extreme fire
danger - so be so very careful, even a cigarette ash can start a fire. LIKEWISE
NO FIREWORKS OR FIREARM DISCHARGING ARE ALLOWED - THESE ARE NOT JUST HOA RULES
BUT STATE LAWS & HEAVY $$ FINES APPLY
22. Release of Liability We acknowledge that we are aware of the hazardous nature of the property and we agree to use common sense and prudence at all times while on the premises. In particular, we assume all risks in using the property, and we specifically release the owners from any and all liability for harm that may arise from our use of these premises. WE also undertake to hold the owners harmless from any liability arising from the use of this property by any other person we may invite onto the property. We also acknowledge the remote nature of the premises and assume the risks inherent in obtaining medical care at a distance.
23. Other There are no refunds of money if an item like a hot tub, stove, oven, washer, dryer, or household item is broken or not working at time of arrival or if the home is not clean. A small credit for another night stay at a later time may apply based on issues.
I hereby give permission to charge my credit card for the amounts above. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above. I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance. By Signing Below, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement. By signing this agreement or sending payment to us.